A day in the life

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Freaks/Geeks/And Everything In Between

Ever since I have move out on my own, there has always been one chore that bothers me, above any chores I have to do in this world. This chore is food shopping. Its something in my head that I know I need to do, but always find a waste of time and aggrivating. Waste of time, because I would like to be doing other things with my time. Aggrivating, because the groceries I buy never fit into my cart, I always run into the three or four bumps on the sidewalk on my way home, and I live on the 3rd floor, and my building has no Elevators.. Enough said.

Unfortunately, most recently, my dating life has begun to mirror my most dreadful chore. I have been on a multitude of dates, and while some of them have been not awful, there are a couple that made me re-evaluate whether I should take a subbatical from the dating world.

One date I had a week an half ago was bizarre because the guy I went on the date with, wound up freaking out over me owning a cat. He said that he doesn't like animals-- according to him they are "hairy, disgusting and messy." Considering the fact that I am animal lover and this guy pretty much became fixated on me owning a cat. We have stop all contact.

The other date that makes me want to hide under the covers from dating, is one that involves the previous post I made. In my last post, I discussed how being blindsighted by someone who had romantic feelings, who I have seen out (barely spoke to) for about 6 months. In my post, I wondered if there was an alterior motive or intentions, etc.

Well.. It turned out that I was right to suspect something. It turned out the guy was nuts. I know what you must be thinking: He's exaggerating.. Well, I am not.

Last Tuesday (when he told me his feelings) and Wednesday evening, seemed to be progressing nicely with this nice guy, who was a doctor at a local hospital, that my Mother also happens to work at. He's very handsome-my friends joked, saying that he resembles Nick Lachey-- not quite as cute, but very cute nonetheless.

Things progressed nicely, up until I asked him what his intentions are. I know, I know, bad idea- however, he told me when we met up Tuesday evening that he was leaving in 6 months and moving to South Carolina. He also mentioned to me about being somewhat of a player, so I really didn't want to go down a path that was going to leave me played, or didn't have any potential beyond physical.

Well, from there he flips out. Saying Fine We'll just be friends, then goes onto to accuse me of stalking him, accusing me as not being as busy as I claim to be (he asked why I wasn't out so much, and I said I was busy with school and work), and then said that he should talk to my Mom about how I treat boys.

Yeah, A real winner.

What's really disturbing is that he would have me be like "What are you talking about?" "Why are you saying these things?" and he would follow up like 2 minutes later with a "hehehehehe". He then would turn around and ask me if we could be friends, and I said no because I said in order for any relationship to exist it needs to have a foundation of faith and trust, and I don't trust you.

I would follow this up by saying:

I appreciate your honesty
I am sure you are great person and friend
However, I can't trust you
Its probbably more to do with me and then you
I have nothing against, and I wish you the best
Take Care

I said this at least 4 times to him, and his rebuttal each time is what "Why can't we be friends?" "What can he do to make this better?", and I would tell him he didn't need to do anything. I just think its better that we don't become friends, mainly because I thought he was a nutjob, but also because I felt like I couldn't trust him. If I can't trust you, I can't be your friend. Its what I believe and its my life, and my choice, and I know some people may disagree with that (including this guy), but its the way I feel it had to be.

Anyway, it ended with him saying that I am "Too angry to talk to about anything" I responded: "I am frustrated because I keep telling you the same thing over and over again, and you're not getting what I am trying to tell you." After that, he signed off of our IM conversation.

Since then I have seen his friends, they have no idea what happened between us, and I feel funny talking to them, because I know they are his friends- but I don't want to be impolite either.

Its one giant mess- and it only lasted 2 days. Dating sucks, Men Suck, and I feel like if my dating world continues to be this way, I might have to remain celibant for life.

Please tell me that I am not the only out there that has experienced these type of wackjobs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home