A day in the life

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So a Engineer and a Waiter Walk into a Coffee Shop

And we have a date, I realize they are freaks, and I continue my quest for true love.

Two very close friends of mine, who, by the way, met their husbands at 15 and have NEVER been in the real dating world, told me to stop meeting up with men at coffee shops. They both said "John, this shit is bad luck for you. You need to find someone where else to meet people. Changing the atmosphere would be good and could help change your outlook on the dating situation."

Well, I hate to admit it, considering where I am getting the advice from, but I think they might be onto something. The two men that I have met up with most recently in my quest for true, unconditional love, while were not all together bad, they were not all together good.

The first one was the engineer, and boy did I fall hard for this guy. He owns a house, drives a Jaguar-- I'm not materialistic, but being in one captivated me momentarily, funny, and charming. I thought.. "Wow, this guy is great".. Well, it turned out he just wasn't that "into me", and I had to recover. Admittedly, I felt rejected and sad, because in the 15 dates I previously had, he was the only one I felt anything with...

Until.....

We had a conversation the other night online (as friends). I decided to try the whole friends thing, because he seemed like such a great guy, and I thought, even if I can't date this person, I want to be their friend. Anyway, after about 2 hours of great conversation online, he threw me for a curveball. He asked me if I liked feltching. Now, if you are straight out there, and don't know what that means, please google it, because I don't want to gross you out here by providing the explanation. However, I will tell you this much.. Its gross, disgusting, and I would NEVER do it. I don't care how much someone wants it in the bedroom.

After that very bizarre turn on the conversation, I realized that things don't work out for a reason, even when the guy seems completely normal. Tab, if you are reading this, thanks for telling me this advice before I actually had to discover it from the source itself!

Just for an FYI, I have not stopped being this persons friend and I wouldn't, but it made me realize that this guy and I could never, ever, be. For some reason, and maybe for a completely selfish one, it made me feel good to know that I didn't want to pursue anything with this person by own choosing and not by his.

Moving onto the waiter.

I met this guy at my friend's Christmas party. He was a friend of firend of his, and we barely spoke at the party. However, I was definitely attracted to him. We talked online a few times and since I was so desperately lonely on NEW Year's Day, I thought... "Hey, why don't I give him a shot."

Turns out that was a mistake.

The second we told each other that we thought we were cute, it just didn't work. We talked online, he was back and forth with talking with me. One moment he was there, the next he wasn't. Finally, it led up to him snapping at me, after I mentioned that I was going to a bar for Karaoke last evening. He was like "You told me this 10 times already" I politely reminded him that I told him twice, and he was like "no, it was 3 times". I said to him "2 isn't 10 and 3 isn't 10." The conversation from there ended rather abruptly, and unfortunately, I was seeing him and two other friends for coffee in less than an hour after it happened.

We saw each other at the coffee shop, and we barely spoke. I was polite, but I refuse to be friendly. I feel if you treat me like shit, then you deserve the same in return.

After I leave the shop, he texts me and says. "How's Karaoke", and I tell him "Fine and Fun, don't want too say too much more in fear of repeating myself too many times." Once he received that text, he arrives at the bar and texted me again and said "I can either say hi to you or you can stay mad at me". I said "If you apologized to me, then I won't be mad anymore."

Of course he apologizes, and its resolved. However, there is no chance that we will ever be, and we kind of said that to each other today. Immediately following this, he tells me likes another friend of mine. He tells me how he wished that we were at our mutual friends New Year's Eve Party. I am like "No you wish that X person was there." Anyway to make a long story shorter, he confesses his affection for my friend, who sadly has no interest in him whatsoever.

I guess the moral of the story goes: Love STINKS.. YEAH, YEAH!

Or perhaps the moral should be is to never get coffee with a potential love interest. Perhaps the coffee beans make it difficult to connect with a potential mate.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Dr. Me said…

    i looked it up and then threw up in my mouth a little.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home