A day in the life

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Resisting The Impulse

You advice is requested and needed..

So, here is the situation. About 2 months ago I met a guy. He is a nice guy. He treats me well, very attentive and very smart. He loves animals (as do I), and when we are together we have a great time. Although he is slightly older than I am, I never think about that when we are together and I never think all the negative things that could occur when you put yourself out there when you are dating someone.

However, since we began dating his father has been very ill. He has been in and out of the hospital with serious medical aliments. Of course, because of this crisis, it has really put a strain on the time that we actually spend together. Because we have only been dating for a short period of time, it has made it even more difficult to get to know one other.

Since I have so many bad dating outcomes, I, of course, am very protective over my heart. At this moment, I don't question the vailidity of his issues, but I can't help but to wonder whether we will actually be able to spend the needed time together required to make this work.

We spoke on the phone last night and both of us have definied our situation as dating and we both feel at this point we are still dating one another, and I feel are committed to make this work. He even said that he has "amazing" taste in men, which, of course, made my heart do a little pitter-pat.

He is a genuine person, I believe. However, I can't be sure of this. I can't be sure that this will work, and I cannot be sure that we will be able to truly get to know one another.

Its no secret that I have trust issues with dating.. But how can I ignore the impulse I have that is saying "run before you get hurt," and really take the chance of being with someone special?

HELP!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    trust yourself! if you like him and he likes you, it deserves a fair shot. it sucks that he is going through a hard time right now, but, you can be there for him and you will be able to get to know each other, just maybe at a slower pace which isn't so bad.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    why dont you see if it'll be okay for you to see his father? Maybe drop by just for a little just to wish him well. Even though you're just "dating" at the moment doesn't mean he won't appreciate you caring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home