A day in the life

Monday, November 20, 2006

Does the Rose really exist?

I hate being pissed off. Especially when it involves men.

It seems that everytime I meet a guy that involves a romantic connection, I tend to forget about all those duds and hapless situations that occurred before this person enters my life-- and by the time I remember-- the guy I am currently seeing is doing the same things that piss me off in previous situations.

It just seems so incredibly un-fucking fair that I go through this merry go-round when it comes to my life.

The pattern is the same, but the only difference is that the co-lead characters change.

The dating starts out the same. I meet a seemingly nice guy, we hang out and have a good time, we talk, and then-- out of the blue-- something happens.

Less of a commitment on his side.. More work being done by me and in the end all that I am left with is wondering how did it all go wrong.

I am so fucking, fucking, fucking, FUCKING tired of it. Why can't I just accept that men suck, and that whenever I feel like something is going my way romantically, I should just KNOW that this is the sign of the end.

I read in a book once that the idea of everyone having a true love is total bullshit. And I use to think that this author was crazy.. However, considering that I can't even get commitments for people to hang out with me, maybe their theory isn't so far-fetched.

I realize that life isn't fair and more importantly I am not guaranteed anything. I have really taken steps back romantically to approach the dating life with a new sense of direction.

To be honest though, I am getting sick of it. I am getting sick of it all. Just unfair. I am tired of men being the cowards that they are, and I am tired of feeling like I am left out to dry..

FUCK MEN AND FUCK ROMANCE--- there I said the words I have always wanted to say for the longest time but were too afraid to do..

Maybe Bette Midler's song the rose had a point.. "Some Say Love is for the Lucky and the Strong".. maybe I am neither one of those..

But I know this much, I am done with it.... My life may not never be complete, but at least it isn't going to piling up a collection of romantic dissappointments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home