A day in the life

Friday, November 17, 2006

Torn

Why is it that everyting in your social calendar occurs with the same three days, weeks, or months?

Right now I am slightly torn on what I should do for a friend, and what I really want ot do with my other set of friends.


I have a freind who is getting married in June. She is a wonderful person and I have known her since my freshman year of highschool. This friend has helped me through some really difficult times. I treasure our times together, and she has never asked me to do anything for her upcoming wedding-- except help her with her bridal registry. Now, if you were to know me or even look at me, you would know that THIS is not something anyone would think I would be good at assisting with these type of situations. However, I think she isn't asking me to go for my advice on dishes as much as she wants for me to be a part of something for her.... which makes saying no all the more difficult.

Now, here is where the problem lies. I was invited out this evening with another set of my really good friends. People who I enjoy on a daily basis, to a evening at a local bar to play Quizzo. I really want to hang out with them, because I know I will be laughing all evening and relaxed and there is always the potential that I could win something..

I feel so torn over what I want to do versus knowing what I should do.

It just seems so unfair, and quite frankly I am hopping mad about these situations. I don't understand why ones social calendar could be blank for months-- to the point you are desparate to do anything-- and with an instant you have so many obligations/social events you have no idea how to prioritize them.

I guess I could never have anything to do, and that would totally suck. I just feel like though when you are torn like this, you are always disappointing someone.. Furthermore, you always feel like you are doing the one thing you feel obligated to do, instead of doing what you really want..

What's a boy to do?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what did you do?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home