A day in the life

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Boycott the Gap, and I hate those Bath Fitter Commercials

Today this blog is only going to express grievances I have with coporate america.

My first issue is with the gap. If you are someone who is in the same age bracket as I am, you grew up feeling that the gap was not only the epitome of cool, it was a store where you got great clothing from. However, I feel that those days are gone and here is why:

9 months ago I purchased 4 pairs of jeans from them, only to find currently they all have tears in the crotch area of my pants. Before you ask, I got the correct size for my body, etc. I am so unbelievably frustrated not only because I am out 200.00, but because the gap customer service has been less than forthcoming with giving me a response other than an automated message. I am so frustrated by the lack of effort by the gap to produce a high quality of clothing-- eventhough they spiked up their prices for them, and by how their customer service/marketing/public relations team seemingly doesn't care enough to accomodate a loyal customer, such as myself, when they express a grievance with their products.

Bottom Line: Avoid the gap.. Unlesss you have nothing better to do than to burn a big pile of money.

Now onto those stupid-ass bath fitter commercials.

In case you don't know who bath fitter is. Its a company in my area that replaces your tub, by not removing it, but by putting a newer cover over it. In other words, it gives your bathroom a face lift.

I HATE them, not because they prodcue a poor product-- I have no idea if they do or not because I never used them. I despise them because they have the WORSE commercials in history and they always come on at a time when I am about to get out of bed in the morning.

Example #1: Women looks at her tub.. and SCREAMS in horror. Imagine just waking up and having to deal with that commercial.. Every, single, day.. And just so you know the woman's shreek is like nails to a chalkboard.

Example #2, 3, 4: They have managed to create a "jingle" for their commericals. This jingle is sung by people who are faux opera singers, frank sinatras, and a fake banjo group--thats right a faux banjo group. In addition to the awful replication of familiar types of singers/genres/groups, they are singing the worse song in history.

The jingle goes something like this:

Rub a Dub a Dub,
You have grout in your tub,
And you won't find a price that fits,
Call Bath Fitter,
We're the perfect fit.

I'm sorry but anything that starts with Rub a Dub Dub sung in any voice--especailly in a faux operatic voice, should be grounds for their commercials to be censored.

They seriously need a new marketing team.

Am I alone in this assessment?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    thank goodness i don't have a tv...I HATE those commercials. First of all, the music is terrible. Second, if you take a shower every day, why would you be so shocked when you pull the shower curtain back? and third, it is a terrible product. Just look at it. The only thing it does is covers up the mold, filth, etc. that is seen in the tub. It doesn't actually make your bathroom (or your house) any cleaner. The mold spores are still under there searching for a spot to break free from under the covering to poison the air you breathe.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Dr. Me said…

    oh, since we're on the subject, I can't stand the commercials for Empire floors. For some reason that old man's voice makes me think he's a molester.

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great blog. I have been browsing the net in search of feedbacks about the Bath Fitter Company and I learned from www.pissedconsumer.com about the experiences of the customers. They are not that much satisfied with the quality of products and the level of services. I think that your blog is also very informative in terms of the company.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home