A day in the life

Friday, June 02, 2006

Who Am I?/ Where Do I Belong?

These are questions that often enter our psyche through books, movies, and television. And by the end of these various forms of entertainment, you get this warm, fuzzy, feeling because they usually end on this very happy moment when the person really belongs to wherever they belong, and have the warmth and love of the world on their side.

I have never been a fan of this type of storytelling.

I feel that they tend to make light of some very serious questions, that some people, including myself, have about themselves.

Its no secret that I have been wondering about this questions since I have come out of the womb. I have many, many friends in this world because I know its a result of trying to figure out who exactly I fit in with. However, as with most efforts in my life, I never really find the answer.

Don't get me wrong, I have been blessed with many people in my life who are great people (friends, family, my cat), its just that I don't really feel truly apart of any realm of people I am around. There is always an element to myself that is lost whenever I am hanging out with my various circles. Its as if I am there 100% physically, and only 90% emotionally.

Its hard being the odd man out, because you literally have no one else to share you angst with. Perhaps, I am too guarded in every social situation. Perhaps, its a normal behavior we all have about ourselves. I really don't what the reason is, but I can tell you the pain of it somedays is almost too much to bear.

Whats the solution to a problem when the problem is yourself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home