A day in the life

Monday, September 11, 2006

5 Years Later...........................

It amazes me that 5 years has past since the biggest tragedy our nation has ever experienced occurred.

Today, I began to think about that day dark day 5 years ago.

How panicked I was that I wasn't able to get a hold of my one friend who was set to fly to San Francisco that day from my east coast town location.

How all I wanted to do is call my Mom and make sure that she was ok, and have her tell me that everything would ok, like she did when I was a child.

How I saw all the college aged students where I work having tears coming down there cheeks as they saw the events unfold on television.

These are memories you can never forget and ones that I know I shouldn't.

9/11 was such a horrible moment in history, it harmed innocent people, and damaged the morale of a city I absolutely adore.

Experiencing 9/11 helped to give me a better understanding of what occurs across the world when wars are fought on their land, and made me realize how grateful I am to be living in a country that contains so much peace and freedom.

The lives that we all have our so precious and should never be taken for granted.

It really makes your appreciate how valuable life is, and how you must treasure every moment you have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home