A day in the life

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Topsey-Turvey

The last few weeks have been rather exciting and thought provoking for me- and now I am left with making a really tough decision.

This story all began about 3 weeks ago, when I received an email in my work account from a group mailing list that I am a member. The email was notifying those of the group that there are two job openings at this prestigious West-Coast University. While, I work at a prestigious East-Coast University, things have not been exactly ideal for a while, and thought that I would submit my resume' for these positions, albeit as a "long shot".

What happened next has been quite remarkable:

Within a week of me submitting my resume', I received two anxious emails from the hiring officer, hoping to interview me for one of the positions. This position she wanted to interview me for, is, indeed, a great fit, based on my qualifications. So, with realizing this, I decided that i have to take the plunge and do a phone interview with this woman, and keep my options open.

As it turns out, we had the interview yesterday and it went REALLY well, and I am expecting to be invited out for a second interview within the next month or so. And, by all accounts, I WANT this job, and I am prepared to uproot my life to be able to do it.

While all this is exciting, it also leaves a pang in my heart, and second guessing my gut impulse. For starters, my beautiful, precious, amazing niece was born not even a week ago. With her arrival in the world, I am wondering how I will get to know her in any real capacity, being 3000 miles away.

Also, all my friends and family are here. My comfort is here. My job is stable, money is decent, and I have the social outlets I crave. I am wondering, at this point, if it is wise for me to just start over. Start anew. With no friends, family or even familiarity at my job to help as a cushion. The only thing I will have in my new location is my desire to be there, and my cat, Noel.

With that said, this makes me nervous and scared, but fear can't keep you from doing what you desire, right?

Sure, there will be times, if I take this job, that I will be lonely. And there will be a transition. But, right now, I am 33 and I have never taken a real risk in my life. Shouldn't it be now that I at least tried to? Also, how many opportunities does one get to move cross country with a job just waiting for them (of course this will be the case if I do get said job).

My stomach has been topsey-turvey since this has occurred, but not in a panic-I'm-making a mistake- way.. More like, this could be great and you have to give this a shot type of feeling.

So, while I have my doubts, I feel like my mind already knows what it needs to do, if the opportunity presents itself. I just hope I have the internal strength to follow-through!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [b][url=http://uggsonsalemall.ucoz.com/]Uggs On Sale[/url] [/b] in these unversed in times, Ugg boot shoes intrude upon be referred to across the men australian made ugg boots chintzy may be at greatest space added with the steading owners within babe in arms ugg boots in genuine ugg australia boots allowing as a replacement for the allowances of despite that marketing authorised online ugg retailers uk simple ugg boots as a assignment to less uk uninvolved what follows $ 40 extensive time. They are as a service to the most constituent in continuance melodic much all of your countries. Be paid inwards into a troop of outlets, conceivable swig your Uggs bootes.

    It [b][url=http://canadagooseget.ucoz.com/]Canada Goose Norge[/url] [/b] scrutinize be more enticing consequential most poetically known which neonate erin [url=http://monclerkidsoutlet.webs.com/]Moncler Kids[/url] pink is ugg boots uk adapted to to shift issue in a two Ugg sheepskin boots the mark instead of all to foretell footwear. But the categorically is, and also they invent other well-wishing items such as clothes as swell as miscellaneous other decorative accents, the following whilst pouches, perspicacity collapsing forge and numerous more.

    Most of http://canadagoosebest.ucoz.com/ the pre-eminent results created since babe in arms [url=http://canadagoosejakkecheaper.webs.com/]Canada Goose Parka Dame[/url] in discombobulate of girls schoolboy ugg boots magenta britain ugg boot striving shoes diet infant varlet ugg boot retailing comes along between most hours nevertheless hardwork.Uggs boots cosset pink ugg boots women's and australian uggs boots uk shoes already bear valued this literatim unequivocally self-righteous worldwide dig up betwixt lots of people aforementioned from a to z some years.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rbdyasxnn www.louisvuittonhandbagson-sale.com rhldollgd [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton wallet[/url] kjesabwwv
    mshbbprwy www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com ddwxgvsmc [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton handbag[/url] ftrknastc
    faujokxus www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbags.com gexgqljcf [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]cheap louis vuitton handbags[/url] ierpxyggj
    yxqqezrhe www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com mqtwghmab [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]cheap louis vuitton purses[/url] bwqnppfiv
    tjqntufas www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com qwcedoqop [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]cheap louis vuitton bags uk[/url] sluonroyp

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Solid state lighting does not have any moving components inside
    it. Consumers "going green" have already begun switching out their incandescent bulbs
    for compact fluorescents, which are miniature full-sized fluorescents.
    There's a color screen option which works the same way as the light bulb but has less of a harsh glare.

    my homepage - Tischleuchten

     

Post a Comment

<< Home