A day in the life

Monday, January 09, 2006

Mom.. Give me 5 more minutes...

When I was a child, I have to say that I was a fireball of energy. I ate lots of peaches (I know high in sugar), and would run around and play with my friends, for what seemed like countless hours and days, and would never feel a smidge of exhaustion. Although I have never been a huge fan of morning-- we've had a tumultuous relationship for many years-- and I often begged my mom in my half comatose sleep for 5 more minutes as she woke me and my brother for school. Once I was awake, I was READY to embrace the world!

After I finished my undergrad. degree, and the Thursday-Sunday night partying, I still felt pretty energized. I work all day, spent a few nights a week at the club meeting boys, and then get up the next day without even feeling like I needed to take a cat nap.

Those days, which I will refer to as the Good Ol' days are over!

I'm going to be 29 in 3 weeks, and you would think I was turning 89! I am so tired-- a lot-- to the point where I am getting told that should become my middle name. Although on weekends I have tried to sleep in as much as possible, with no success. I am usually up by 8 almost every Saturday and Sunday. Its horrible, because when my week begins, like today, I am so tired, that I think I could just sleep on my desk until the next millenium.

How has this come to be? I realize that anxiety and depression pills take part in this exhaustion (as I am on both, and it has not calmed me one bit), but the disparity between the time I spend dreaming about sleeping versus the actually time I do the dreaming in my glorious bed- is huge.

Most of my days are spent longing to lounge out on my bed or couch. However, once I am there, I am wondering what else I should be doing with my time. Being as tired as I am should be a crime against humanity. I should have more energy-- I'm not that old!

Perhaps, I should start taking iron pils, or maybe its psychological, maybe I should start to change my disposition by telling myself that I am not that tired.

Has anyone fought with their bodies over this issue. What has worked for you?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can totally relate this this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home