A day in the life

Monday, February 27, 2006

Back on the Saddle Again.

I have avoided dating quite a bit recently, and it appears now, by sheer default, I am back in the game.

Lately, I have been meeting boys through Internet personals, and they have seemed very nice.. Actually, what I like to call "Too Nice" . The guys have been saying all the right things, have been really eager to talk to me, and have been just overall engaging. However, and I hope this makes sound too synical: I am suspcicious.

I have learned that most men put on their best packages (especially when you are talking to them over the phone, or e-mail) when you first meet them, and only after you have started to pursue something with them do they show you their very dark, crazy, colors.

For instance, A boy that I meeting up with tomorrow after my class for coffee sent me a text message this morning to say. . "I can't wait to see you tomorrow- I hope you are well." To wake up to this type of behavior scares me. The boys i have met who have done this, almost ALWAYS either want to get into your pants, OR are just plain nuts. So, although my apprehension results from prior experience, I hope you can understand why I just didn't bother to write him back just yet.

Also, another boy that I have been talking to, just IMed me online, to say to me "I hope you are having a great day".. Very sweet, but this also is a sign of too much too soon. Because I ddin't want for him to think I was ignorning him I said "Thank you, I hope you are as well." This of course led into what I like to call the "What Is" game. If you have dated, you know this game.

In case you don't know.. It goes something like this:

What is your favorite game? What is your favorite TV shows? What is that you do during your free time? What is your family like? What is one thing you don't like in boys? What is the one thing you like in boys?

Too much too soon.

Of course we have made a date for early next week, and though I know I could very easily cancel, I am wondering if I am being too negative too quickly. The only crime both of these boys have done is actually demonstrate that they are... well.. interested in me.

I just don't know when dating became this complicated in life. I use to be someone who embraced anyone, and gave everyone a shot, and now, I just feel like I have this huge wall up. I don't know when it happened or how, but I do know that I have built it SO high, that I am not even sure Prince Charming could make it over.

So, am I being too negative or shallow, or am I just being smart? You tell me..

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    aww stop it! It's time someone's nice to you. You deserve it. If someone's a jerk that's just cause they don't know what they're going to be missing out on. Plus, if the person is really a jerk, you wouldn't want to be with them anyway. Just chill..have fun and try not to be too negative!! Hope your date was fun! :-) Oh and Prince Charming will find a way over and through anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home