A day in the life

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Birthday Dinner-- Good Times All Around

Warning.. This is is a warm and sappy blog, but I need to have it on here for posterity:)


Friday, I had my annual b-day dinner.

Each year, I con this restaurant in my neighborhood to reserve twenty spots, so people can come by, have dinner, and celebrate me having another year of life.

The dinner was an awesome time.

I know most people really believe this about their friends, and its not always true, but for me it is. I have the most WONDERFUL FRIENDS ever. Each time I see them (especially in this setting), I feel like I am up close with real life celebrities. Although none of my firends are celebrities, other than in my own heart, it is really what it is like.

My friends are the most fascinating people, to me, on this earth. I have so many people who are sincere, honest, kind, compassionate, motivated, and with these characteristics in their daily lives, it makes me want to be more, and do more with my very own.

Each year, I am astonished by the response I get at my dinner. How many people are happy to come from whereever they live to spend time with me, and celebrate a day that means so much to me-- is truly an honor.

I truly feel blessed in this world, to have so many people who love me, and who I can love. They are all the most wonderful people, and my life is so much better because they are in it.

While this dinner was a celebration for me, it really for me, is an elaborate excuse to get all my friends in one room and show my appreciation for them. They make my life so wonderful, and I am so happy that I have each of them in my lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home