A day in the life

Monday, February 20, 2006

Procrastination- My New Best Friend

A sign that you are procrastinating, is when you are actually taking the time to write about your procrastination and don't feel an ounce of guilt for doing so.


I have been pretty unapologetic lately for lazy attitude. Instead of using every possible free second (which are only weekends, because I work a full-time job during the week) I have in my life for schoolwork, I have been going to clubs and hanging out with my friends at various coffee shops in the pursuit of men. When I decided to take on a new adventure (i.e., taking two Grad. Courses, and not the one I usually do), I knew it would be more work, more dedication and more moments of me wanting to rip my hair. However, as much as I have tried to be motivated for my classes, I am not. Although, I am excited about the material and enjoy each class, I haven't, after a month of classes, felt stressed out from an assignment. Furthermore, I don't even feel a smige of remourse for not reading all the materials that have been assigned in my classes.

I feel rather perplexed about my new behavior. Having my newest best friend procrastination by my side for every waking moment of my life, is a very new and unique experience for me. If one of my friends could describe my behavior before this, I think the word obsessed would come many, many, many, many times. I was obsessed with doing the schoolwork within the timeframe that was asked, and overcritical of my work, so that anything I handed in was absolutely flawless.

However, since this semester has started, I have been very lackadasical about my schoolwork. Even though the amount of work that has been assigned to me has been astronomical! I have had to read SO Much material, and I have only penetrated through only a quarter of what I am suppose to be reading. I know that most students never really get through their reading and we all B.S. our way through classes, I just have never in my academic career have done this until now-- I know, I am GIANT dork!

I wish I can really say I have regrets about it, but I don't. I wish I can say I will change my attitude immediately, but I won't. What I can tell you though, is that when the time does come when I need to buckle down, I hope that I am ready! I still am hoping for my A's this semester. I'll keep you posted if I lived up to my expectations:)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    How about reading everyone's blogs and taking lots of random online quizes? Oh procrastination...it's such a love/hate relationship!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home