A day in the life

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

God Damn Beauty Queen

There is this Comedy DVD that was released by HBO called "The Queens of Comedy. To summarize my critique of the DVD- its hilarious! The DVD contains four women comedians (All African-American women), who are so funny, that while you laughing, you might have a little pee come out of you. I highly recommend you go out and rent it, buy it, etc.

In relation of this DVD to my post, there is this one part of the DVD, when Monique, starts talking about women of lesser weight than herself, by categorizing them as: "God Damn Beauty Queens." If you just hear how she says it, it can create enough laughter to bring tears to your eyes.

The other day this phrase popped into my head, while waiting for the bus. I will add in the caveat, that I hate taking the bus. The buses in the city where I live are absolutely terrible. They are filled with people who are rude, smelly, and there is never enough seats, and the drivers of the bus really need to be taken for driving lessons, because they cannot drive properly.

With that said, as I was waiting for the bus to arrive, this women shows up at the stop. Its is freezing cold outside, and of course this requires, who I will nickname "Princess" to wear the shortest possible skirt I have seen since before Melrose Place was taken off the air. She arrives with her boyfriend in toe, they tongue kiss for what seemed like hours, and he leaves her behind, to do what I will assume, devour another female face. After he leaves, this girl is so unbelievable. Princess walks up and down the stop, with her introduction to Italian book up against her chest, smirking, looking around, as if the sun rose and set with her.

As Princess continues to strike a pose, it appears to me that she is checking out another boy at the stop-- yes she's a skank. Now, this guy saw her devouring what I will assume was her boyfriend tongue. Considering the circumstances of her morning, you would think Princess would stop the skank behavior long enough for people not the think she was slut. Obviously that was too difficult for her. So, she keeps walking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I can't look at her at this point, so all I hear is her shoes, click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

Princess really believes that she is something special. I guess we all should be grateful that we weren't be headed for forgetting to roll out the red carpet when she arrived.

To make a long story, short, the boy never makes eyes with her, and she SIGHS in disappointment when the bus arrives. To say I disliked her would be putting it too midly. Being around this girl was like nails to a chalkboard for me. She wasn't anything special-- didn't look like a model, she had nothing particularly special about her, except for her attitude.

As I left the bus to go to work, I keep chuckling in my head about what Monique would have said about her. . She would probably said a lot more about this girl than being a "God Damn Beauty Queen", but even if she only said that, it would have been more than an accurate assumption about this young woman's behavior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home