A day in the life

Monday, January 16, 2006

"Here I Go Again On My Own"

"Going Down The Only Road I've ever known
Like A Drifter I was born to walk alone"


These are the lyrics of Whitesnakes late 1980's heavy-metal classic "Here I Go Again." Although these lyrics are somewhat simple, with a background of wiring beats from a guitar, they resonate in my brain today, over and over again.

Once again, I am left to wonder where my life is going, what I am doing, and why I am doing it. These feelings have been inside my head for a long time, and I can't seem to run away from them. They have haunted my pysche for as long as I can remember. Its a restless feeling that I can't escape. I feel so often that I should be doing more, being MORE in life, but, yet, I feel like I don't have the control or ability to change my position.

To give you a description: Its like I have all these thoughts, and plans in my head, but when it is time to translate the thoughts and actions from my mind to my mouth or body- something happen. A moment of doubt, hesitation, or cowardice, and I just give up. I just can't seem to get out of this rut.

I want to be more. I want to do more. I want for people to say-- Wow, he has done SO much with his life. Yet, at the moment, it feels I haven't done anything at all, or at the very least not enough.

I just don't know how to get rid of these feelings of disappointment or how to make myself better. How do you fix a problem, when you have no idea where you start to fix it? Over and over again, I feel like I am haunted. Where does someone begin to fix a problem from within.

Who out there has had this feeling? What did you do to deal with this type of problem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home