A day in the life

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Does He Notice Me?

For anyone who has never seen the movie Never Been Kissed, there is a seen where Drew Barrymore's character is a geek in high school, and with all her grace (or lack thereof) she stands in front of her classmates and voices this poem that she wrote titled "Does He Notice Me", in the hopes of obtaining the affections from the most popular boy in school.

Her attempt winds up having a tragic outcome, but by the end of the movie, she finds herself with the man of her dreams..

You must be wondering why I am giving you this explanation.

Well, I have a crush on a boy. Not just an oridnary boy, but an extroadinary man, who just so happens to be the Teacher Assistant for one of my classes. Do I know that he likes me? No. Do I know that he is even gay? No. However, there have been moments when I felt like there has been something there, but I have also been known for my hyper-imagination and for my flawless ability to fall for the wrong men.

Each friend that I have told this to, except for one of my gay friends, has told me "Wait-- don't do anything while you are in the class". They have been telling to survey the situation and at the end of the semester, go for it. They said its important for me to follow this guideline, because, if for some reason, we date and it doesn't workout, I won't have to deal with him or rely on him to answers questions that I have involving my class.

I know there advice makes sense and I ordinarily would follow their advice..

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, I can't get him off of my mind. He is just sooo nice, and kind, and of course extremely helpful with all of my classwork. Also, and more importanly, he is graduating in May and moving to NYC, and it just feels like this is my moment. I feel I must make my move.

I know everything has a price, and only the highest odds have the best payoffs, however, I have been hurt, and I am damaged, and more importantly I am... scared-- there I said it. I am just not sure if I tell him or attempt to tell him, I could handle another rejection, another let down, and another moment of wondering why I am (and it does feel this way after the rejection comes) the only one who is missing their chance for love.

So, audience, what should I do? Should I take the chance, or am I being just as delusional about this as Drew's character was in Never Been Kissed?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    It's definitely a bad idea to even approach him now since you're in the class. When does he leave? Once grades are in, then you can approach him, but I think before that, even if he were to be interested, it would be bad for you guys to date.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home