A day in the life

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Smokey Bars and the Monetary Damages it Causes..

In my most recent quest for true, unconditional love, I have been pushing myself to become more motivated to go out to the bars and see what lies out there for me.

So far, the only things that it has brought me is a higher dry cleaning bill.

Last night, I went out to my favorite gay bar, and my one friend who I went with suggested that we check our coats. Since Mondays are Karaoke night at this bar, I thought it would be safe to put our coats on the back of our chairs. However, my memory failed to remind me that many people smoke in the bar, and by that crazy circumstance, my clothes, hair, and eyes reaked of cigarette smoke-- so much so that I have to take the coat I wore (the one I thought would be safe on my chair) to the dry cleaners to be fumigated.

There's 7.50 I could have saved, if was smarter.

Although many of my friends smoke, I do not. With that said, my town needs to ban smoking in bars. They have done it in NYC, Delaware and Boston. Its time that they did it in my city. So what if my friends have to leave the bar every five mintues to smoke--- they shouldn't be smoking anyway. Its time to end the chaos of what cigarettes causes for those of us who don't smoke. We non smokers should feel like we can go somewhere, look nice, and not have to worry at the end of the evening whether you hair smells like an ashtray!

Non-smokers must unite and say, we don't want to have your second hand smoke, smokers, and save $$$ on bills for our dry cleaning, lens cleaners and shampoo.

Let's stop the madness TODAY!

P.S. To all my smoker friends who read my posts. I still love you, I just hate your habit.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    Oh I TOTALLY agree! End indoor smoking!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home