A day in the life

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Worlds are COLLIDING?!?!?!?!

In order to understand the subject in my blog, you had to be a religious watcher of the show Seinfeld. If you have never seen the show, put those words into the google search bar, and I guarantee you that you will get a comprehensive history on the phrase, and few good laughs on it.

Anyway, back on the topic as to why I chose this title. Ordinarily, I am the type of person that mixes his friends, and always feels that it is important that all my friends get to know each other, etc. However, when it comes to certain people interacting with my friends, I feel like the walls are closing in on me.

As terrible as this may sound, I especially feel this way when my Mother is around my friends. My Mother is nice, etc., but I feel like I can't party or be my entire self, when she is in the same room with me and my friends. Usually, this isn't a problem; however, considering the chaos from the Extreme Makeover Home Edition, she has been around me and my friends quite a bit this past week.

I have noticed that the parties are not as fun when she is there because she is constantly telling me "Knock that off", "Stop doing that", "Why are you acting like that?". Granted, the behavior I am conducting is at best silly, but afterall, if its a party.. Does it matter?

As much as I love my Mother, I am glad that the excitment from my best friend's family getting a Extreme Makeover Home is starting to subside. I know this sounds terrible, but I feel I can finally begin to cut loose and be my self again.

Please tell me I am not a horrible person for thinking this way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home