A day in the life

Monday, August 14, 2006

Hanging On By A Thread

Lately, I have felt like my patience has been tested on the highest level.

Particularly when it has come to my Master's Thesis. I have finished this document two weeks ago (50 pages), submitted the information to my readers, and ever since, have felt like I have been in limbo.

My primary reader approved my thesis the middle of last week, of course, after I made a few, very minor, alterations to it. However, my SECONDARY reader has not even gotten through it yet.

Its driving me insane.

Finishing Grad. School is something that I have look forward to for the past year now, and I feel like I am 1 and 3/4 steps out the door, but I can't leave because my secondary reader has me superglued to the doorway.

I NEED to be finished with Grad. School, more than most people know. I feel like this chapter in my life NEEDs to end. I have felt like lately that I have been in prison and I am waiting to be free again. I have sacrificed my social life, my health (i.e., weight gain) so I can get this degree and feel liberated.

I realize that people need time and their lives can get in the way, but my secondary reader has had this document for 2 weeks and I feel as someone who is a student in this program, that my needs/anxiety need to be taken into consideration.

There isn't much more she can possibly suggest than what primary reader has already asked of me. I know that in my head; however, I am fearful that I will never be finished and this will carry on for months, and to be honest, I really just want to move on and start thinking of doing other things in my life-- like going on dates again, etc.

Perhaps this is an anxiety rant, but I feel as though I deserve a speedy response. This paper has been hanging over my head for far too long and I am ready for it to stop being the first and last thought I have each day of my life.

I am ready to move on from it, so lets hope that my secondary can get it together and let me do that for my sanity and peace of mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home