A day in the life

Friday, September 01, 2006

Dances With Woof

It seems that there is a rare breed of the male species that exist in our world. This man is: Smart, Handsome, Motivated and Successful, in some aspect of his life. He is also honest, caring, compassionate, and someone you can actually connect with and can manage to have a enjoyable evening with.

This rare male species is known as a "Catch".

Apparently, these type of men are a rare breed, becasue I, yet again, had a dating experience that is worth putting in the record books.

A few weeks ago, while my bar buddy (my friend Chris) was out of the country, decided to go to a place that I haven't been in a really long time-- Two-step Friday nights. Two-step Friday nights, as I mentioned in my blog "Closure", is an event that is somewhat popular event in my gay community.

Many men, all in their early thirtys or above, come out, perform line dances, and in the rare occassion-- when the song comes on in the bar-- slow dance with one another. To this day, since I have embraced my sexuality, have never seen another event where two males actually can slow dance together.

Its actually quite romantic, special and unique, if you take the time to think about it.

So, when, this handsome gentlemen saw me drinking my corona and approached me to "ask me to have this dance" with him, I couldn't help but to be flattered.

The dance was pleasant, and we decided to exchange numbers and meet up sometime the next week.

Throughout that week, we talked many times via Instant Messenger and the Phone. We talked about our interest, dislikes, etc., and it really felt I finally (FINALLY) found someone I could connect with.

Before the night we met up, I decided to even put on some cologne, because I really wanted to impress this guy.

Turns out it wasn't worth the effort.

We met up for dinner at this restaurant/coffee shop near my apt. When he entered, I felt the butterflies jump from my tummy to my throat with in an instant.

As the evening progressed, we had an even better evening than we did the night we danced. I was getting to really feel like this could go somewhere..

Until..

UNTIL!!!!!!!!

He made this comment that was definitely an attempt to impress me, but wound up scaring me off BIG TIME.

Right before we received the check from dinner he says:

"I just want to tell you that I think you are so sexy-- WOOF".

WOOF?

What am I some sort of cocker spanial, beagle, or dalmation?

I mean really, WOOF?

Queue my internal thoughts after he made that comment.

::Meep, Meep-- Swoosh:: (Road Runner)
::As If!:: (Alicia Silverstone-- Clueless)
::WHAT THE M#TH!R F*CK:: (ME)

Why is it so difficult to meet a decent guy?

One that I can laugh with?

Or one that at least won't make barking noises to express his attraction towards me?

Really, I am not THAT picky..

Ok, maybe I am...

However, don't I deserve to be?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home