A day in the life

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Thornbirds-- The Gay Version

Well.. Maybe not quite as climatic, but a good story to tell nonetheless.

Recently, in my most ambitious search for a mate, I have been enlisting in all these free trials for personals. You know the type I mean. "Try this for 30 days, and we can guarantee you that you will want to stay on and meet Mr. Right. " So I decided to taken on this adventure, and for once, I actually met someone worth mentioning.

Over the past few days, I have been talking to this guy who I will call "Michael." Michael and I have had wonderful conversations, and he just seems like a great guy. The only problem, if there was any, is that he kept on mentioning that he is just a normal, everyday, guy. I felt that it was odd that he emphasized that without an explanation, but I chose to think he was doing it to deter weirdos.

Anyway, after our first meeting I come to find out why he kept mentioning why he was so normal-- and it was actually for a normal reason. He's a Epsicopalian Minister. He thought if he told me intially I would have went packing. To be honest, even after he told me, I question whether I would have actually done so. Michael, despite his very moral job, is actually quite normal, and actually a lot of fun-- well.. if you know what I mean;)

To say that I was shocked about that revelation would be putting it mildly. Perhaps... some of my inhibitions were let go because I realized that he was a man of the cloth-- which perhaps made our whole experience together much better than it would have been ordinarily.

I don't know what it was to be honest, but I have to say that all my pre-conceived notions about people are gone. Well.. perhaps, maybe not, but I will admit this-- when you allow yourself to take chances, the payoff for them can be extroadinarily fruitful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home